Mariya Dykalo is the Creative Director credited with giving Aspinal of London it’s new attitude, The Ukranian born designer is a breath of fresh air, hands on and hard working to the point of obsession she is also extraordinarily charming, with a passion for colour and a desire to create products women will love for a lifetime her vision transcends fashion trends. At Aspinal she is creating the freshest contemporary collections that feel like they have been there for ever.
This Creative Director with a Masters in Art and Design is trained in both RTW and accessories design, spotted as one of the most exciting up and coming creative talents to emerge from the intellectual and artistic centre of Ukraine, Dykalo is recognised for the colour and energy of her work and her drive to lift the spirits, please the senses and more often than not amuse. Mariya moved to London in 2004 and has made England her home, married with a seven year old son and a new baby on the way, when Mariya is not designing handbags and accessories she likes to paint and walk her dog in the English countryside.
Mariya Dykalo created the best selling Marylebone tote and Brook Street bags for Aspinal of London and was subsequently appointed as Creative Director in 2013.
2013 and currently
– Creative Director at “Aspinal of London” , http://www.aspinaloflondon.com/ .
– Head of Design at British luxury brand “Aspinal of London” , http://www.aspinaloflondon.com/ .
– Designer at British luxury brand “Aspinal of London”.
– Lviv National Academy of Arts, Ukraine , http://www.lnam.edu.ua/ .
Qualified Diploma of Master of Design (MA in Design); (Highest Grade)
speciality:fashion designer of leather products,researcher,teacher.
– ANGLIA certificate of English as a foreign language – proficiency level,Chichester College,England
– ANGLIA certificate of English as a foreign language – advanced business level,Chichester College,England
– studied English as a foreign language at Chichester College,England
– writing thesis “Aritocratic Costume of the 19th Century in Portrait Painting of Romanticism Period”
– Lviv National Academy of Arts,Ukraine;
Qualified Diploma of Specialist of Design;
speciality: designer of leather clothes and accessories.
-Lviv Academy of Arts, Ukraine
Qualified Diploma of Batchelor of Design (BA in Design) Honours ;
speciality: Artist-Fashion Designer.
-studied in Khmelnitck Technical University,Ukraine
speciality: technologist-designer of clothes.
-worked for Common Ukrainian-Swedish Joint-stock
company – as Fashion Designer, sample, pattern maker and dress maker for range planning department
– Lviv Technical College of light industry graduated (Ukraine)
speciality: fashion designer of clothes, Diploma with Honours.
Fashion Shows, Exhibitions and Competitions:
– participant of Art project ”350 years ago”- metaphor of Pereyaslavskoyi Council 1654 year/ Kyiv, Ukraine
-participant of Student’s competition of designers
Lechers kashtany, Kyiv, Ukraine
– participant of International competition of designers Artistic Models, Warshawa,Poland
– participant of Fashion Festival; Style 2003, Lviv,Ukraine 2001
-participant of International competition of designers of clothes, Admiralteiskaya Igla, Sank-Peterburg,Russia
– “Pryahy”, participant of 2nd-International competition of designers Ukraine
-participant of Student’s conference in Lviv Academy of Arts.
-participant of Festival of fashion in Ivano-Frankivsk, Kiev. 1997-1998
-participant of Festival of fashion Zolota golka, Kirovograd, Ukraine.
-participant of final Internashional competition of young designers of clothes, Zirky Galychyny, Lviv, Ukraine
-participant of competition of designers from Lviv Technical College of light industry.
-diploma of Student’s competition of fashion designers, Pecherski kashtany
-diploma of International competition of young fashion designers Admiralteiskaya Igla
– diploma of International student’s competition of fashion designers Pryahy.
-Grand-Prix at the International competition of fashion designers Zirky Galychyny